Repetitive sequence analyzer
- In the parameter frame
- Tuple size, determine the size of repeated elements
- Number of repeat per sequence, determine the average minimal and maximal number of repeats per
- Complement included, determine whether the complementary tuple is computed separately. If
"yes", a tuple is treated as the saem as its complement; if "no", a tuple and its complement are
- To close the parameter frame, click on "File" then "Close"
- In the Repetitive sequence analyzer window
- The operations of "File" menu: "New" clears the text space. Multiple sequences in FASTA format
can be pasted to the text space. "Run" computes the repetitive sequences for given sequences. For
"Run" to work properly, the text space has to show the input sequences. "Sort"
sorts the output in the descending order of number of repeats. "Display" draws a picture of mapped
repeats along individual sequence. "Exit" destroys the window.
- The operations of "View": "Show parameter" shows the parameter window. "Sequence" shows the
current sequence used in computation. "Result" shows the most recent computation result. "Select
all" blocks all text in the text space.
- In the display window
- Select a tuple to display
- Click on "File" select "Show location", a picture displays the locations of mapped repeats along
each sequence. The sequences are numbered. The locations of repeats are designated by arrows. Click
on an arrows, a number showing the exact location is displayed.
- In "File" menu, click on "statistics", a histogram is displayed showing the distribution of